Children's Sunday School
Children's Sunday School
Infant - Kindergarten
1st - 6th Grade
Welcome to our Elementary Sunday School for Grades 1 - 6! We have three combined classes for Grades 1 & 2, 3 & 4 and 5 & 6.
Our Mission Statement for Elementary Sunday School:
For parents and teachers to work together in the spiritual development of the child;
To encourage a God-focused, home life; and
To encourage family worship by discussing the worksheets from the Activity Book, using your own personal devotional books, and praying with and for your child.
The Goals of our Elementary Sunday School:
- Teach the child about God through the Bible, and help apply Biblical principles and truths to their lives.
- Provide each child the opportunity to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Help train the child in spiritual disciplines (public and private prayer, learning the books of the Bible, how to use the Bible, daily Bible reading, church attendance; relating with other students).
- Set examples of Christian living modeled by teachers.
- Show the love of God to the child during and outside of class – to let them know they are loved and very important to the Lord and to the Sunday School teachers.
We have been using the Generations of Grace curriculum from Grace Community Church (https://gracecurriculum.org/pages/about-generations-of-grace). The student covers the entire Bible in three years so it is almost like a Bible survey class. All the grades learn the same lesson each week but according to their respective grade and learning level. Basic doctrines are introduced but, most importantly, the teachers try to make the lessons practical and applicable in the child’s daily life. They also pray for your child and love all of them with truth and sincerity. We have an excellent group of teachers; there are three to four teachers in each class.
Each child receives an Activity Book (which is supplemental learning to the lesson) and is encouraged to complete the respective worksheets at home each week. It is our desire that the parents review the lessons weekly with their child to further instill the Biblical truths.
First Sunday of the month Assembly -- all students and teachers meet together for 15 minutes. It is a time to recognize those with perfect attendance and birthdays and to briefly highlight holidays for that month with an emphasis of a biblical/moral truth. After the Assembly they break out into their individual classes. On all other Sundays, the students will begin their class at 9 am.
Following Sunday School, our church has a Children's Worship service, which meets at 11:00 AM. At this time, students will be able to worship God altogether. Children’s Worship has a separate set of staff.
If you're interested in checking us out, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will connect you to the Elementary Sunday School Superintendent and Children’s Worship Directors. We look forward to meeting you!
May God bless you richly!